In my family, we all have different tastes or dietary restrictions. So this Personalized Baked Oatmeal is a win win for everyone! This personalized baked oatmeal is not my idea though. It comes from Brenda Bennet’s new cookbook, Sugar-free Mom: Naturally Sweet and Sugar-free Recipes for the Whole Family. You may already know Brenda through her blog, Sugar Free Mom. I had the pleasure of reviewing the book. My whole family loved this baked oatmeal. It’s super easy to make too!
If you are new to clean eating, then Brenda’s book may be perfect for you. Not only is it filled with lots of healthy recipes your family will love, she also explains the various types of sugars she uses as well as her kitchen essentials. Brenda is a mom so she is busy just like all of us are. These are recipes are easy and kid friendly. Many are diabetic and low carb as well. Not all the recipes are vegan, but many can be with a few tweaks. This personalized baked oatmeal is great if you have some picky eaters in your family. I used flax eggs and almond milk to keep mine vegan.
Personalized Baked Oatmeal
Yields 18 baked oatmeal servings
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 flax eggs or real eggs if you eat them
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 banana smashed
- 1/2 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 5 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 T flax meal
- 1 T cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- Optional toppings: chocolate chips, dried fruits, nuts, seeds or shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin pans. I used both a 6 and a 12 standard sized muffin pan .
- Once all the mixture is in each muffin pan, sprinkle whatever toppings you like on each one and gently press them into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate/freeze for later.
Recipe used with permission from Sugar Free Mom: Naturally Sweetened Recipes for the Whole Family.
If you want to buy Sugar Free Mom: Naturally Sweetened Recipes for the Whole Family click here
You can also enter to win a copy. For US residents, you can win a hard copy. If you are not residing in the US, you can still enter to win a digital copy. Yay!