You guys!! My husband made the most amazing Cheesy Vegan Quinoa Bites! There are tons of quinoa bite recipes on the web, but almost ALL of them contain cheese. So he set out to make some Cheesy Vegan Quinoa Bites. He totally outdid himself with this one!! This is definitely a recipe we will make often in our house! He is just so much better at the savory dishes than I am. A few of his other recipes are very popular on the blog. Like the Sweet Potato Chili and the Pumpkin Enchiladas.
He made these in jumbo sized muffin pans. However, I HIGHLY suggest making them in standard sized muffin pans. I will mention the cooking time for both versions in the recipe. These are just perfect. They are crispy on the outside and a little gooey in the middle. These cheesy vegan quinoa bites are also gluten free in addition to being vegan. 🙂
Cheesy Vegan Quinoa Bites
Yields 6 jumbo or 12 standard
Crispy on the outside and cheesy in the middle. You have got to try these!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 golden russet potato finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 cup vegan cashew cheese sauce
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute vegetables on medium high for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cheese sauce and quinoa to the veggie mix and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups . If using jumbo muffin cups, bake for about 45 minutes. If you use standard sized muffin cups, bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let these cool completely before removing from the muffin cups .
- Store in the fridge. They should last at least a week, maybe more. You can probably freeze them too.