As you all know, I am a lover of sweet potatoes. These Sweet Potato Cookies are my latest creation. After making my sweet potato pizza crust, I had a little bit of pureed sweet potatoes left over. So naturally I had to make these sweet potato cookies. I also added chocolate chips to mine which is totally optional but highly recommended.
My kids went nuts over these! In fact, they were trying to eat them as I was talking the pictures. Here is my baby girl Olive.
And my older daughter Meadow. Please excuse the bed head lol.
These Sweet Potato Cookies are vegan, gluten free and paleo. If you have never done any grain free baking, let me tell you that the texture is very different than cookies made with grains. Very good though. These have an almost fudgy texture to them. The texture reminds me of my flourless chocolate pumpkin cookies.
Sweet Potato Cookies
Yields 18-20 cookies
Make these delicious cookies in under 30 minutes!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked pureed sweet potato
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 T chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine all the ingredients until smooth.
- The dough will be pretty sticky.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to get them mixed in well.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before transferring them to a container. These should last a couple weeks in the fridge. You may also be able to freeze them. Enjoy!