I know what you are thinking. Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies? Avocado in cookies? Yes. For reals. Trust me it’s so good!
My husband made fun of me as I was mixing them up, but he partook in many of them! These Vegan Avocado Cookies made him a believer.
Avocado makes everything better right? These healthy cookies are perfect for St Patrick’s Day. They have a slight hint of green and a minty flavor.
These Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies are vegan and gluten free. They have a rich texture and taste and are a great way to get some healthy fats in.
Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 18-20 cookies
Healthy cookies made with a secret dose of healthy fats!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the avocado, maple syrup, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Then add in all the dry ingredients and the flax eggs and process until smooth.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to mix them in.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing then from the baking sheet.
Keep these cookies in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. You can also freeze them for longer. Enjoy!