I love combining lemon and blueberry together. That is exactly what I did to make these Lemon Blueberry Donuts. In addition to adding lemon and blueberry, I also added a creamy coconut frosting. Coconut also goes very well with lemon and blueberry. You can never have too many donut recipes, right? Especially when they are healthy donut recipes. My kids were trying to sneak bites of these lemon blueberry donuts as I was trying to take the picture! The life of a food blogger mom! If you also like lemon and blueberry, you may also like my lemon blueberry ice cream or my lemon blueberry cookies.
This healthy donut recipe is vegan and gluten free. I used fresh blueberries in my recipe, but I bet you could also use frozen blueberries. Just let them thaw before using in this recipe. I think this healthy donut recipe would also be good with strawberries or raspberries!
Lemon Blueberry Donuts
Yields 12 donuts
Healthy donuts bursting with the flavors of lemon and blueberry. Topped off with a coconut frosting!
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work too)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries (I used fresh, but frozen may work too)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- I used my Healthy Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries
- Spoon batter into greased donut pans .
- Bake for 10-14 minutes depending on your oven.
- Let the donuts cool completely before removing them and adding the frosting.
- In a food processor , combine the frosting ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Once the donuts are completely cool, spread on the frosting.
Store these donuts in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last a week. If you want to freeze them, do so without the frosting. Enjoy!
Time is running out to get our limited edition ebooks complete with shopping lists! Details here.