I am always looking for quick and easy breakfasts on the go. That is where this Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal recipe comes in. It’s super easy, freezes well and travels well! Make a double batch and pack your freezer full for those busy school mornings. This recipe is nut free, so it would be perfect for pack in your kids school lunches. This Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal recipe was a huge hit here. I hope you enjoy it as well. If you are in search of other quick breakfast ideas, you may also enjoy my post on 22 make ahead breakfasts for back to school mornings.
These seriously whip up in just a few minutes. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free and nut free. I added chocolate chips to mine, but you could also add raisins if you prefer. This is a great way to use up some ripe bananas too.
We shot a video for this recipe. Sorry it’s a little shaky. You can view it below. For more healthy recipe videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
Yields 12 standard sized muffins
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed(mine were medium sized)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix only until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or raisins.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin pans. I used standard sized muffin pans and silicone liners .
- Bake for about 11-14 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.