Who doesn’t like peanut butter cups? Well I made them into muffin form! I slightly tweaked my recipe for double chocolate donuts for these Peanut Butter Cup Muffins. These came out super good! This would make a yummy breakfast for on the go. There is also a good amount of protein in each muffin. I made jumbo muffins for the photo, but you can also use standard muffins.
These muffins are vegan and gluten free. Great for on the go! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Peanut Butter Cup Muffins
Yields 6 jumbo or 12 standard muffins
A peanut butter cup in muffin form! Vegan and gluten free!
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Roughly 1 cup peanut butter (for the filling only)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined. If the batter looks a little dry, you can add more milk.
- Line muffin pans with liners. I use silicone liners and do not need to oil them. If you use paper liners, they will need to be greased to prevent sticking.
- Put a little batter into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Using a small cookie scoop , scoop a little peanut butter onto the top the batter in each cup.
- Fill the remainder of each cup with more batter until all the muffin cups are filled.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing them from the pans.
Keep these stored in the fridge or freezer. They should last a couple weeks in the fridge and 6 months in the freezer. Enjoy!