If you like lemon and coconut, you must try these Lemon Coconut Cookie Cups! The other day in my Facebook group, someone shared a recipe for cookie cups. Well I saw that and had to make my own version of cookie cups. These cookie cups are vegan, gluten free and grain free. They also only contain 5 simple ingredients! If you like all things lemon, then you may also like my Healthy Lemon Tarts or my Lemon Cookie Dough Bites.
It took me a couple days to be able to shoot the photo for this and Marcus kept begging to eat them! These are absolutely delicious. I used a coconut whip cream to make the filling. So yummy!
If you want a visual of how to make the coconut whip cream, you can watch this video.
Lemon Coconut Cookie Cups
Yields 14 cookie cups
A pretty dessert perfect for summer!
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 cup cashew butter (or another nut butter)
- 2 T maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine all the cookie cup ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Press the dough into greased muffin cup pans . Make sure you press the dough all the way up the sides to form cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- To make the filling, place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. After the can has been in the fridge, open it up and scoop out the white fatty part and place it in a mixing bowl with the maple syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest. Save the leftover water for smoothies.
- Using a whipping attachment on your mixer , mix until you get a whip cream consistency. If your mixture looks a little watery, place it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon the whip cream into a pastry bag and pipe the filling into each cookie cup.
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
These should last a few days in the fridge. Enjoy!