Grain Free Twix Bars. Twix bars were one of my favorite candy bars back in the day. I already have one twix recipe on my blog, but I wanted to create another one that was grain free with much less ingredients.
That is how I came up with these grain free vegan twix bars. It was really hard to get a good pic, but I promise you they are delicious! Super easy too. Only 5 ingredients!
This recipe has hardly any added sugar at all. There is some in the chocolate chips and only a little in the crust layer.
Here is a quick video on how to make your own cashew butter.
Looking for more candy recipes?
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Buckeyes
- Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- Homemade Junior Mints
- Homemade Vegan Mounds Bars
- Homemade Chocolate Bars
Grain Free Twix Bars
Yields 12 bars
Homemade Twix bars without the guilt!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 cups cashew butter
- 2 T maple syrup
- 15 medjool dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the dates.
- In a food processor , combine the cashew butter and maple syrup. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. I used a 5x9 inch loaf pan . Press the cashew mixture into the bottom of the pan and press down well.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a blender or small food processor, blend up the dates into a caramel.
- Once the cookie mixture is cool, spread the date caramel on top. Place in the fridge while you make the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Mix well into all the chips are smooth. Life the cookie out of the loaf pan and onto a plate.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie and place in the fridge/freezer to firm up. Once everything is firm, use a sharp knife to slice into bars. You can store in the fridge or freezer. I like to store mine in the freezer. Enjoy!