My husband is a huge fan of carrot cake. I have already made some carrot cake larabars and also a carrot cake baked oatmeal, but I decided to try some Frosted Carrot Cake Bars. I don’t even like carrot cake, but I thought these came out really good! They are so easy to make too. No cooking required!
These frosted carrot cake bars are vegan, gluten free and paleo. They only take a few minutes to whip up.
If you are a visual person, I created a video on how to make the frosting.
Frosted Carrot Cake Bars
Yields 18 bars
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 2 large carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- One 15 ounce can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- In a food processor , combine all the ingredients for the bars. About 1 to 2 minutes. If the mixture looks a little dry, you can add a little water.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into the pan and place the bars in the fridge.
- Open the can of coconut and scoop the fatty white part into a mixing bowl with the maple syrup. Save the water that is left for smoothies.
- Using a whipping attachment on your mixer , whip into a cream consistency. This may take a minute or two.
- Spoon the cream into a pastry bag and pipe the frosting on.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into bars. Enjoy!