Homemade Snickers Bites. Before I started eating healthy, Snickers bars were one of my weaknesses. Once I became vegan, I could no longer eat them.
So I created these homemade vegan snickers bites to help fill the void. This recipe is super easy and only contains 5 ingredients and very little added sugar.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and paleo. You can probably make it nut free buy using sunflower seeds in place of the nuts.
Looking for more candy recipes?
- Homemade Twix Bars
- Homemade Healthier Mounds Bars
- Homemade Junior Mints
- Homemade 3 Ingredient Chocolate Bars
Homemade Snickers Bites
Yields 6 bites
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 10 medjool dates (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts (or nut of choice)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 T maple syrup
- In a small bowl , mix the ingredients for the chocolate coating. Line a standard sized muffin pan. Pour a small amount of the chocolate mixture into each lined muffin cup. Place the cups in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain the dates. In a food processor , blend up the dates into a caramel-like consistency.
- Then add the nuts and pulse a couple times to mix them up well.
- Spoon a little of the date and nut mixture into each muffin cup carefully.
- Cover the date mixture up with more chocolate mixture and place in the freezer to firm up. This will yield 6 large snickers cups.
Please store these in the freezer. They should last up to 6 months. Enjoy!