Have you tried roasted chickpeas? They make such a delicious snack. You can make them sweet or savory. Today I opted for savory to make these Curry Roasted Chickpeas. These were so good. I had to hide them from my husband, because he kept trying to eat them before I could shoot the photo! My 6 year old liked them too. They make the perfect healthy snack.
These roasted chickpeas are perfect for those with allergies since they are nut free, vegan and gluten free. Safe for school lunch boxes too. If you wanted more of a sweet curry flavor, you can add a little maple syrup.
Curry Roasted Chickpeas
Yields 1 1/2 cups roasted chickpeas
A healthy snack option perfect for schools.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas OR 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl , mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 45 minutes, stopping every 15 minutes to shake them around.
- If the chickpeas are not crispy after 45 minutes, you can cook them a little longer.
Keep these stored in an airtight container with some rice scattered on the bottom. The rice will help absorb the moisture and keep the chickpeas crunchy. Enjoy!