I am super excited to share these Grain Free Sugar Cookies with you! These came out so delicious and they have the texture of real cookies without all the unhealthy ingredients! These cookies are paleo approved, vegan and gluten free. If you love to bake during the holiday season, you may want to check out this post as well.
These cookies are hard on the outside and chewy in the middle. Perfect in my opinion. 🙂 I was going to frost them, but I realized I was out of coconut butter to make my 5 minute frosting recipe. So I just topped them with some natural sprinkles instead. I made my cookies kinda big, so I only got 12 in the batch. If you make them smaller, you should be able to double that.
Grain Free Sugar Cookies
Yields 12 cookies
A grain free option for sugar cookies!
25 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
38 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup room temp coconut butter (you can use regular butter or vegan butter if you don't like coconut)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Natural sprinkles (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl , add the dry ingredients. Gently mix with a fork.
- In a mixer , add the coconut butter and maple syrup. Cream together. Be careful not to over-mix or the cookies will spread too much.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix only until combined.
- Add the sprinkles now if you choose to use them.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet . Make sure to space them at least an inch and a half apart because the cookies will spread.
- Use your palm to flatten each cookie.
- Once all the cookies are on the baking sheet, place it into the fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes.
- Let completely cool before removing from the baking sheet. About 25 minutes or so. If you handle the cookies too early, they will fall apart.
These cookies should keep in the fridge for at least a couple weeks. They can also be frozen. Enjoy!