My husband Marcus is very good at whipping up meals with whatever we have on hand. The other day he made this Red Pepper Eggplant Pasta, but didn’t measure any of the ingredients. So he made it a second time and measured everything out so we could share it with you guys. Some of Marcus’s creations have ended up being the most popular recipes on my site. A few examples are the Sweet Potato Chili and the Peanut Noodle Stir Fry.
This is super simple to whip up, and you will have meals all week long. We used gluten free pasta in ours, but I think regular pasta will also work.
Red Pepper Eggplant Pasta
Yields 5-6 servings
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups penne pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms (baby bella or button)
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 4-5 cups chopped eggplant,
- 3.5 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- Chop the eggplant, lightly salt and place in a colander for 15 minutes.
- In a medium stock pot , bring the 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Put all the ingredients, except the pasta, in a large sauce pan .
- Cover and let simmer until onions are soft and eggplant is cooked.
- Lastly add the pasta and serve.
This should last at least 5 days in the fridge. I am not sure how well it will freeze since I haven't tried it. Enjoy!