Caramel Apple Oatmeal is the recipe for today. If you have been following this blog for awhile, you know I am a huge fan of oats. Overnight Oats, Oatmeal Cookies, Slow Cooker Oatmeal or Energy Bites made with oats.
This no fuss healthy oatmeal recipe is gluten free and vegan. Cinnamon apples and oats, with a delicious caramel sauce. You can use either almond milk or water for the oats.
I chose water for these. This recipe makes a ton, so you will have healthy breakfast all week long. 🙂
Caramel Apple Oatmeal
Yields 5-6 servings
Make a weeks worth of breakfast with this healthy recipe.
5 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 5 Total Time
- 10 Medjool dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 7 cups water or almond milk (I used water)
- 4 apples sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- In a slow cooker , combine the oats, apples, water and spices. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- While the oats are cooking, make the caramel.
- In a blender , combine the soaked dates and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Once the oats are cooked, drizzle the date and maple syrup "caramel" into the oats. Enjoy!