We love gingerbread everything all year long. How about you? These Gingerbread Roasted Chickpeas are perfect just about any time. I love roasted chickpeas because they are an allergy friendly snack. My daughter is allergic to tree nuts and sesame seeds, so she loves to snack on roasted chickpeas. This would make the perfect party snack too.
This healthy snack is vegan and gluten free. Super simple to make too. I also think my maple glazed pecans make an awesome party snack!
Gingerbread Roasted Chickpeas
Yields 3 cups chickpeas
A healthy snack alternative to chips!
5 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, or two 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- 1 T blackstrap molasses
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with a towel.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 50 minutes, stopping every 15-20 minutes to shake them around.
To store these, let them cool completely. Then scatter rice at the bottom of the storage container. The rice should help absorb the moisture and keep the chickpeas crunchy. Enjoy!!