I share a lot of smoothie recipes on this site. However, I have never shared a healthy dessert smoothie. That is until now. Today I am sharing this delish and decadent Toasted Coconut Vanilla Smoothie. Toasted coconut automatically makes everything better in my opinion! This indulgent smoothie recipe makes the perfect sweet treat. If you also like toasted coconut, you may also want to try my flourless toasted coconut cookies.
This recipe makes 2 servings, so you can half it for a single serving. This dessert smoothie is vegan, gluten free and paleo friendly. It also contains zero processed sugar. I used dates to sweeten this. The toasted coconut and banana also adds a nice sweet flavor.
Toasted Coconut Vanilla Smoothie
Full of coconut flavor, this smoothie is a must try for coconut lovers!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut + a little more for garnishing
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 2 medjool dates
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the shredded coconut on a lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 3-5 minutes. You just want to toast it a little to bring out the flavor more. Set aside.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the fatty part. Place it in the blender . You can freeze the remaining water to use in smoothies.
- Also add the bananas, vanilla beans, dates and toasted coconut to the blender. (Save a little bit of the toasted coconut for garnish though.)
- Blend until smooth.
- For best results, serve immediately.