The other day, my husband Marcus, made a delicious meal using odds and ends from the fridge. Sometimes the best meals come out of using the leftovers! This Easy Cabbage Stir Fry was a perfect example of that. He posted a pic of the meal in my Facebook group, and a lot of people wanted the recipe. So he made it again with measurements, so I could share it with you. If you love cabbage, you will also like my Cabbage Salad and my Asian Slaw.
This meal whips up in less than 40 minutes. It’s vegan, gluten free and even paleo friendly. It’s also budget friendly. If you wanted to bump up the protein, you can always serve it over quinoa.
Easy Cabbage Stir Fry
The perfect, easy meal to whip up after a long day!
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup toasted cashew pieces
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce OR coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see notes)
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced (for garnish)
- Sea salt to taste (if using coconut aminos)
- In a large covered saute pan , on medium heat, saute the cabbage, carrots, onions, celery, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and mirin for 30 minutes, OR until the cabbage has softened. Stir often. Remove from heat and serve with a handful of toasted cashews and green onions on top.