Do you miss Nestle Crunch Bars? I have always loved them. I have good news for you. I made a healthier version with these Quinoa Crunch Chocolate Bars. Not only are there zero refined sugars in my homemade chocolate bars, but there is also a boost of protein! You seriously need to try these asap. If you like this, you may also like my Homemade Junior Mints and my Homemade Twix Bars.
Toasting the quinoa gives it such a nice crunch and also a nutty, rich flavor. These healthier chocolate bars are vegan and gluten free. You can make them up in just a few minutes.
Quinoa Crunch Chocolate Bars
Make these healthier chocolate crunch bars. Just takes a few minutes!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup toasted quinoa
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted (If you don't like the taste of coconut, use refined coconut oil )
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3-4 T maple syrup
- To toast the quinoa, heat a saute pan or skillet on medium heat. Put the uncooked quinoa in the pan and stir often as it toasted. It should only take a minute or two to get it nice and toasted.
- In a large bowl , mix the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Add in the quinoa and stir until it's well incorporated.
- Pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet , or into chocolate molds .
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Please keep this chocolate stored in the freezer. It should last up to 6 months that way. Enjoy!