St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner and I know lots of people LOVE that seasonal Shamrock Shake. Well how about making a healthier version of it with real ingredients. Try this Mint Chocolate Shamrock Smoothie on for size. If you have a love for all things mint chocolate, you may also like my homemade Junior Mints or my Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites.
This recipe comes from Green Blender. If you haven’t heard of them, let me tell you a bit. They are a pretty awesome company.
How it Works
Each week, you’ll get 5 new smoothie recipes and all the pre-portioned ingredients you’ll need to make 10 smoothies. Their recipes are hand crafted by leading nutritionists to ensure they’re packed with flavor and nutrients. We only use the best produce and superfoods, and focus on working with organic and local farms, to create a uniquely balanced menu. Green Blender has been featured on The Today Show, Pure Wow, Food Network and Forbes.
More than just ingredients
Their recipes are more than just a list of ingredients, but a course in micro-biology. As you blend, you’ll learn how our carefully crafted smoothies will nourish your body and mind.
You are what you eat and these smoothies are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, proteins and fiber. Their benefits are endless: clearer skin, heightened mental clarity, increased energy, and weight loss. And, their nutrients are known to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. Each original recipe yields two 12oz servings.
Reasons why you should choose Green Blender
- Helps cut down on food costs (produce spoils less, since they pre-measure it for you)
- Introduces you to different fruits and vegetables you may have never discovered on your own
- Helps you increase your greens intake will sipping on a sweet treat
- GMO-free, mostly organic, vegan, and gluten-free
- Increase your fiber and good fat intake
The perfect St. Patrick's Day smoothie!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 an avocado, pitted
- 6 sprigs of mint
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup ice
- 2 T cacao nibs
- In a blender, add the water and spinach. Blend until everything has turned to liquid. Then, add the remaining ingredients, except the cacao nibs, and blend until smooth.
- Lastly, add the cacao nibs and pulse a few times so they get evenly distributed.
- Pour and serve.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Green Blender, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love!