We went to Disney World a few weeks ago. Before we left, Marcus made this delicious Healthy Kidney Bean Pasta to help use up some of the stuff in the pantry. I am not really a pasta person myself, but I thought this was awesome! We used gluten free brown rice pasta, but I am sure any pasta will work. If you love easy dinner ideas check out this post too. Some of Marcus’s other creations have been the sweet potato chili and the peanut noodle stir fry.
This Healthy Kidney Bean Pasta doesn’t take long at all to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Healthy Kidney Bean Pasta
An easy meal to whip up on a busy night!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked gluten free penne pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 1 cup peas
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- Cook the brown rice pasta, drain the water and cover. Set aside.
- In a saute pan , saute the onion, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil for about 5 minutes, or until mostly softened.
- Add the peas and kidney beans and continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Lastly, add the pasta and mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This should last at least 4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!!