Today I am super excited to bring you this particular morning glory recipe since it’s totally grain-free! I used chickpeas as a base and they turned out great.
These healthy breakfast cookies have very little added sugar. There is only 1/4 cup maple syrup in the entire recipe! They are vegan, gluten free and grain free!
You can easily make these nut free by using sunflower seeds instead of the pecans.
Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
The perfect healthy breakfast cookie!
5 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed OR 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 flax egg (real egg works too)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , add the chickpeas, maple syrup and flax egg. Blend well.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and pulse a few times to mix them up.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the baking sheet .