I am super excited to share this Sweet Potato Chickpea Stir Fry recipe since it contains many of my favorite foods! I could seriously live on sweet potatoes and chickpeas. This recipe is great for so many reasons. It makes A LOT of food, so it’s great if you batch cook and freeze some meals. It’s also very inexpensive to make.
This sweet potato chickpea stir fry is vegan and gluten free. It’s also very versatile. I think you can add other veggies in here as well. I think red bell peppers or kale would be nice additions.
I like to make large batch recipes like this and then freeze in serving sized portions. Then I can just grab and thaw exactly what I need, instead of thawing out this gigantic container and only using a little.
Here is a super quick video on how to make this. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Sweet Potato Chickpea Stir Fry
A super easy and inexpensive meal!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1-2 tsp sage , depending on how strong you like the sage flavor
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- Sea salt to taste
- Optional: Sliced avocado for topping
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat, saute the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic and sage in olive oil.
- Cover and let cook until the sweet potato and onions start to soften. Make sure you stir occasionally as well.
- Once the sweet potatoes start to soften, add the chickpeas and cook for a few more minutes. Lastly, add the spinach and salt to taste. Cook until the spinach is slightly wilted.
This should keep for at least 4 days in the fridge. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!