The other day in my Facebook group, someone shared a picture of this Brownie Batter Hummus. It looked seriously good. I knew I wanted to create a homemade version. You know I love a recipe challenge! 🙂
My Brownie Batter Hummus only contains 4 simple ingredients and super easy to make!! It only takes a few minutes to mix up.
You guys! This stuff is GOOD! I wanted to just eat it with a spoon! This brownie batter hummus would be great with fruit or graham crackers. You can also spread it on toast, waffles or pancakes.
Or you can be like me and just eat it with a spoon! This hummus is healthy and it also comes with a boost of protein and fiber. It’s vegan, gluten free and grain free. It can easily be made nut free as well.
We shot a video of this recipe below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Brownie Batter Hummus
The perfect dessert dip for healthy snacking!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed OR 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (Or nut butter of choice. Use sunflower butter for a nut free option)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Water if needed, to reach desired consistency (I added about 1/3 cup)
- In a food processor , combine all 4 ingredients. Mix well.
- Add water if needed. Start with 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach a desired consistency.
Please note that this recipe will get more solid as it sits in the fridge, so add a little more water than you think you need.
This should last at least a week in the fridge. I bet you can also freeze it for longer. Enjoy!