This is my favorite time of year and I am starting the holiday baking ideas early this year. These Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for Fall. All you need is 3 simple ingredients. ZERO refined sugar, no grains, gluten, or oil. Make them up in under 15 minutes.
For more yummy holiday cookie ideas, check out this post.
This recipe could not be more simple. It’s vegan, gluten free and even paleo approved! If you don’t want to use apple butter, any jam will do.
Apple Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Just 3 simple ingredients to make these healthy cookies!
- 1 1/2 cups cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple butter (or jam of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the cashew butter and maple syrup.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet .
- Use your thumb to press a hole into the middle of each cookie.
- Fill the holes with a dollop of apple butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool before handling.
- These should last at least 2 weeks in the fridge or longer in the freezer. Enjoy!!