You have to try this Healthy Turmeric Cauliflower Rice! Have you heard about the benefits of turmeric? Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, can increase antioxidants, and lowers your risk for heart disease to name a few.
Cauliflower rice can be a great alternative for those trying to eat a low-carb diet. It’s very low in calories as well. I don’t even really like cauliflower, but I do enjoy cauliflower rice. It’s super easy to make too. So is this healthy recipe.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free and paleo approved. You can turn it into a main dish by adding some vegetables and your favorite protein. I think carrots and peppers would go really well with the flavors. For protein, I would suggest chickpeas or tofu if you eat soy. It’s very versatile!
We filmed a short video for this recipe. You can view it below.
Healthy Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
Yields 2-4 servings
This healthy turmeric cauliflower rice is a great low-carb alternative to traditional rice!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Optional: Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. You can save the remaining stems for vegetable broth.
- In a food processor , add the florets and pulse until they are a rice-like consistency.
- In a large saute pan , add the cauliflower with a teaspoon of oil. I used avocado oil. Saute until they look toasted.
- Then add the garlic, sea salt and turmeric and still until combined. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- If you want, you can squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lime in as well.
This should keep at least 3-4 days in the fridge. I am not sure if it freezes well, though. I haven't tried. Enjoy!