The other day I had some ripe bananas to use up so I created these Healthy Trail Mix Cookies. These cookies easy to make and they are filled with good for you ingredients! They also happen to be nut free IF YOU USE ANOTHER MILK so they are perfect for school lunchboxes. It’s like eating granola in cookie form. They would be great to take on hikes too.
From start to finish, these cookies are done in under 25 minutes! Can’t beat that, right? In addition to being nut free, these healthy cookies are also vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free. Yay! They make the perfect afternoon snack.
Another way to punch up the flavor in these cookies is to add a little cinnamon. I am definitely trying that with the next batch!
We also filmed a short video of this recipe. You can view it below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube channel here.
Healthy Trail Mix Cookies
Yields 18-20 cookies
The perfect healthy snack for on the go. Great for school lunchboxes as well since it's nut free. Vegan and gluten free as well.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg
- 1-2 T almond milk ( !USE ANOTHER MILK FOR NUT FREE )
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl , mix the wet ingredients. Then add dry and stir to combine.
- Drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool before removing from the baking sheet and storing.
For best results, keep these cookies stored in the fridge. They should last a few weeks that way. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months. Enjoy!