I have a new no-bake cookie for you today. These Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Cookies are delicious. They are vegan and naturally gluten-free. You only need a few simple ingredients and there is no food processor needed!
I think these cookies are healthy enough for breakfast too. The quinoa flakes and nut butter add a nice amount of fat and protein, keeping you full for a while. If you don’t want to use quinoa flakes, you can use quick oats instead.
We shot a video to go along with this recipe as well. You can view it below.
Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Cookies
Yields 15-18 cookies
A healthy cookie packed with good fats and protein sure to keep you full for a while. Vegan and gluten free.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , measure after melting
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium sauce pan , on low heat, add the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir well. Then add the shredded coconut and quinoa flakes and mix until combined.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and stir only long enough to mix them in well.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet . Use your palm to press each cookie flat. Place in the fridge to firm up. About 10 minutes.
These should keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks. They can also be frozen for up to 6 months. Enjoy!