If you are trying to eat more veggies, you should try this Veggie Loaded Chickpea Stir Fry. It’s super easy and you can really use any veggies you have on hand. Just like vegetable broth, it’s a great way to use up leftover odds and ends in the fridge.
This is vegan and gluten free and grain free! For a paleo version, you can skip the chickpeas and serve over cauliflower rice.
We filmed a video for this recipe. You can view it below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Veggie Loaded Chickpea Stir Fry
Yields 4 servings
This healthy stir fry is a great way to use leftover veggies. Vegan, gluten free and grain free! Paleo option as well.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 T oil (I used avocado oil )
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 orange pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 T minced ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 head small cabbage, cut in thin strips
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas OR 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 T coconut aminos (you can also use soy sauce or tamari)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Optional garnish: 1 T toasted sesame seeds and 1/4 cup green onions
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat, add the oil, ginger, garlic and peppers. Stir well. Cover for 1 minute.
- Then add the cabbage and carrots, stir well and cover again.
- Next add in the chickpeas and coconut aminos. Stir well and cover for a few minutes.
- Lastly add broccoli and cover for another few minutes. Just to let the broccoli slightly soften.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
Keep this in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!