I don’t know if you have noticed, but I am trying to branch out and create recipes that are grain and gluten free. I have already done so with my Grain Free Blueberry Tart and my Healthy Key Lime Tart. I know many of you are following those diets, so I try to make recipes for everyone. These grain free blondies are another example.
I undercooked mine slightly because I wanted to maintain a gooey and soft center. These are also date sweetened and there is no other sugar added.
Grain Free Blondies
Soft and gooey blondies that are grain free!
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 10 medjool dates pitted
- 2 flax eggs (I used a flax egg replacer)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla bean or or extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a food processor, grind up the dates.
- Add the almond butter and coconut oil and pulse together.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add in the eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Lastly, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper and place it into an 8X8 baking dish.
- Make sure you have enough paper to stick out the sides so you can easily grab the whole thing out of the pan.
- Spread dough evenly inside the dish. The dough will be sticky and using wet hands or a wet spatula can make it easier.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before removing, and then cut the blondies into squares with a pizza cutter.
I stored mine in the fridge. Enjoy!