Recently, a vegan bakery opened up here in Dallas. Reverie Bakeshop is the name, and if you haven’t checked them out yet, you should. Lots of yummy treats. Anyway, they sell sandwiches as well. One of them is a mashed chickpea and avocado panini. I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounded interesting and I thought I would experiment with my own version. You really can’t go wrong with avocados in my opinion.
This is super easy to make and very versatile too. It would be great spread on my Homemade Wheat Thins, on toast or even inside a lettuce wrap for a grain free option. Since everyone is worried about the mercury levels in tuna, this is a decent alternative.
Mock Tuna Salad
- 2 cups or 1 can chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 2 green onions chopped or 2 T minced white onions
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 celery stalk chopped fine
- 1-2 T nutritional yeast
- 1-2 T lemon juice depending on how much you like
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the chickpeas slightly with a fork.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
This makes about 4 servings. Should last a week in the fridge. Enjoy!