Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/10/20/amazing-3-bean-sweet-potato-chili/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Amazing 3 Bean Sweet Potato Chili
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 1 28 oz can organic diced tomatoes or about 7 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup corn (please try to buy this organic)
- 2 sweet potatoes diced
- 4 med-lg garlic cloves minced
- 1 T chili powder
- 3/4 T cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 T oil (we used grapeseed oil)
- We use dried beans and just soak them overnight. Boil them for about 10 minutes in the morning. Makes for a much cleaner taste.
- Take all the ingredients and throw them in a large pot.
- Cook on high for about 3 hours covered stirring every once in a while.
- For the last 1/2 hour cook uncovered and you can also add about a T of flour to thicken the sauce if needed. We used brown rice flour.
This makes a ton of chili. If you don’t eat it all, it should freeze nicely and then you will have a backup meal for a day when you don’t feel like cooking. This came out so well that we are probably going to make this for our family thanksgiving meal. After all, we are the weird vegans of the family.