Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/10/20/kid-friendly-vegan-mac-and-cheese/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Dairy Free Mac and Cheese
- 1 box pasta (I used gluten free brown rice pasta )
- 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup nutrtional yeast
- 1/4-1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a blender , combine all the other ingredients for the sauce.
- You can add more milk if the mixture seems a bit thick.
There also may be some cheese sauce left over. The extra sauce should keep in the fridge for a few weeks. Enjoy!