Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/10/23/healthy-oatmeal-cookies/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies!
The taste of the traditional recipe, with healthier ingredients!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg. 1T flax meal + 3 T water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 2-3 T milk (I used homemade almond milk )
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 T molasses (optional)
- 1/3 cup carob chips, non dairy chips or even sub for raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix dry in another.
- Add wet to dry.
- Fold in chips.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet or greased pan for about 13-15 minutes or until edges come out lightly browned.
- These are so good that I eat at least 3 of them when they first come out of the oven. So does Meadow.
by Melissa King