Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/10/25/asian-inspired-tofu-scramble/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Asian Inspired Tofu Scramble
- 1 pkg organic firm or extra firm tofu drained and cut into small cubes
- 2-3 bell peppers cut in thin strips
- 1 daikon radish cut in thin strips
- 2 carrots cut into thin strips
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
For the sauce
- 1 T miso paste
- 3 T water
- 2 T mirin
- 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp umeboshi vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic good quality soy sauce (I used San J)
- Take the oil, daikon and garlic and heat in a pan on med heat.
- Once you see them start to soften and turn translucent, add the rest of the veggies and cook for a few minutes until everything gets soft.
- When everything looks soft, toss in the tofu and the sauce.
- Crumble the tofu slightly as you toss it into the pan.
- Turn the heat up slightly and let everything cook for a bit. The mixture will look a bit watery, but if you cook it uncovered, some of that water will burn off.
- Once some of the liquid has burned off, remove from heat. Plate and enjoy!