Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/10/26/peanut-butter-banana-breakfast-cookies/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup spelt flour (for a gluten free version, use gluten free all purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana smashed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (If you have a peanut allergy, you can sub sunflower butter. I have a recipe here )
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 T almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix the wet in another. ( If you store your peanut butter in the fridge like I do, you may have to heat it in a saucepan for a minute to soften it. )
- Combine wet and dry and stir just until they are well incorporated. The dough will be very sticky.
- Spoon onto a lined or greased baking sheets and bake for 12-17 minutes.
I bake a big batch of these and store some in my freezer for busy mornings. Enjoy!