Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/10/28/pumpkin-donuts/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Donuts
For the donut
- 1 3/4 cup spelt flour (To make them gluten free, just sub GF all purpose flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg replacer)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup almond milk
For the chocolate coating
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3-4 T milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a mini muffin tray .
- In one bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In another bowl mix pumpkin, maple syrup, applesauce, egg, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Add dry to wet and mix just until combined.
- Spoon mixture into the mini muffin tins and bake for about 11 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After the mini muffins have cooled start the chocolate coating.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and the milk until you get a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Roll the donuts into the chocolate sauce until it is covered.
- Then place each covered donut onto a baking sheet or plate and put in the freezer for at least 10-15 min.
- Store them in the fridge on a plate or baking sheet.