Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/01/healthy-vegan-green-bean-casserole/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cups green beans sliced
- 3 cups + 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup + 4-5 sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 T arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup + 2T whole wheat panco bread crumbs (to make this gluten free, just use gluten free breadcrumbs.)
- 2 T olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large sauce pan , saute 3/4 cup mushrooms, onions and olive oil.
- In another pot, boil the green beans in the 3 cups veggie broth for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor , combine the arrowroot, 1/4 cup milk and 4-5 sliced mushrooms until mixture is fully pureed.
- Once the beans are boiled, drain and add them to the mushroom/onion mixture.
- Add the pureed mushrooms to the pan.
- Now add the salt and breadcrumbs. Stir well.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Pull it out and sprinkle last 2T breadcrumbs over the top and cook for another 5 minutes.