Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/05/healthy-candied-yams/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Candied Yams!
- 1 yam cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the yam into 1 inch cubes.
- Throw them in a pot of boiling water for about 5-7 minutes until they are slightly underdone.
- Transfer then yams to a greased baking pan. (For this recipe I used an 8X8 glass dish)
- In a measuring cup, mix the orange juice, 1T maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture over the yams.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- For the last 2 minutes of cooking, pull the dish out and brush with the last T of maple syrup. Enjoy!