Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/06/simple-black-bean-burrito/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Simple Black Bean Burrito
- 3 cups black beans
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup sliced baby tomoatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 4 green onion bases (the white part minus the root up until it begins to seperate)
- 2-3 T light oil (I used safflower)
- 1 T cumin
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning
- salt to taste
- Cook the rice according to the instructions or in the rice cooker and set aside.
- I only purchase dry beans, so they were soaked over night and then boiled and rinsed to soften before I started.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil under medium high eat.
- Put the stalk part of the green onion in the oil and let it sit for about 30 seconds allowing the onion flavor to infuse in the oil.
- Next, add the pepper, shallots, and garlic and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Afterwards add the beans and spices and let cook for about 5 – 7 more minutes stirring often.
- Add the rice last, stir, and remove from heat.
- Before serving, add the cold sliced tomatoes with the warm bean mixture.
- Wrap up in a whole grain tortilla and enjoy!