Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/07/gluten-free-corn-bread/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Corn Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal (Please try to buy organic)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (if not gluten free, white whole wheat will work as well)
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven 350.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in one medium bowl.
- Mix dry into a large bowl.
- Add the wet to dry and mix just enough to combine.
- Pour batter into muffin pans. I used jumbo muffin pans and got 5 out of my batch. You would probably get 12 out of a standard sized muffin pan .
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait until completely cooled before removing from the pans.
by Melissa King