Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/08/healthy-cranberry-sauce/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Cranberry Sauce
- 1 package cranberries
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 T pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 – 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 T maple syrup
- In a magic bullet , blend the pineapple and 1 T pineapple juice until it becomes pureed.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the orange juice, pureed pineapple mixture, orange zest and maple syrup.
- Add the cranberries after a few minutes.
- Cook until the cranberries pop and breakdown. (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. The mixture will thicken while it stands. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Enjoy!
Refer to the images above to see the process of making them.