Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/11/cranberry-surprise-muffins/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cranberry Surprise Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- cranberry sauce or your favorite fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet into another.
- Add wet to dry.
- Spoon a bit of the mixture to fill the bottom of the muffin cup.
- Add a small spoonful of cranberry sauce.
- Fill the rest of the muffin cup until it is about 3/4 full.
- Repeat steps for the rest of the muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven from anywhere between 15-25 minutes depending on the muffin size you use. Let them cool completely before removing. Enjoy!
I used jumbo cups and only got three muffins. I would suggest using regular sized muffin cups.