Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/14/peanut-butter-granola-bars/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 T almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 T vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a sauce pan, on medium heat, combine the banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and milk.
- Stir until combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Line a pan with parchment paper. I do this because it is so easy to just lift them out of the pan and cut with a pizza cutter. I do, however, reuse the same piece of parchment over and over again. There is no reason to throw it away after one use. I just store it in the cabinet with the baking pans.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before cutting.
I store them in a plastic container separated by parchment paper. They should keep for about two weeks, although mine will not last that long! Enjoy!