Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/11/17/healthy-gingerbread-cookies/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
- 3 cups flour (I used spelt flour )
- 1/3 cup + 1 T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 T ginger (depending on how much kick you like)
- 1 flax egg (I used a flax egg)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 T applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet in another.
- Add dry to wet and mix only until combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cut into two equal parts.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- After two hours, remove the dough from the fridge.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Please use additional flour if necessary.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and place them onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes and then let them cool a bit before removing.
- Set them aside to completely cool before decorating. Enjoy!
by Melissa King