Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/02/healthy-stuffed-mushrooms/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 carrot roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 pkg firm tofu drained and patted dry
- 2 T grapeseed oil
- 2 T parsley chopped fine
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems from mushrooms and set aside.
- Place the carrot, mushroom stems and garlic in the food processor to dice.
- In a skillet pan, saute the carrots, mushroom stems, garlic, onion, salt and grapeseed oil to soften.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once the mixture is cooled, put it back in the food processor with the tofu, parsley nutritonal yeast and bread crumbs and mix until combined.
- Place mushroom caps on a greased baking sheet and spoon mixture inside each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until you start to see moisture under the mushroom caps. Enjoy!