Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/07/black-bean-vegetable-soup/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Black Bean Vegetable Soup
- 1 onion diced
- 4 carrots cut in circles
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 5 tomatoes chopped
- 3 cups black beans (soaked overnight and then boiled until soft)
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups corn (we used organic for all of you wondering )
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1 cut up chipotle chile
- To save my eyes from burning, I usually cut the onions in the food processor . In fact, if you want to make it easy, you can chop the veggies up the night before.
- Once the beans have been cooked to get a little softer, throw everything in the crock pot and cook on low for at least 4-5 hours.
- You can cook it on high for 2-3 hours if you wish.
by Melissa King
The longer it cooks the more flavor the soup will have. This should last at least a week in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. That’s it.