Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/08/healthier-sugar-cookies/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthier Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg (I used a flax egg)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Soften the coconut oil and place it in a large mixing bowl with the sugar and applesauce.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the flour and mix just until everything is combined.
- Gather dough up in a ball, wrap and throw into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface, cut into shapes and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!