Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/13/pumpkin-coconut-curry/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Coconut Curry
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 T mirin
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1 to 2 pinches red pepper flakes (add more for spice if you want)
- 1 to 2 pinches dried mint leaves
- salt to taste
- Add coconut oil, onion, and carrots and red pepper flakes in pan and lightly saute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add coconut milk, veggie broth, and pumpkin and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Add everything else, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let it simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- We added baked tofu to ours, but you could add in your favorite protein instead.
It’s also very good served over black rice. Enjoy!