Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/12/14/sweet-potato-veggie-burgers/
© 2012 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats (depending on the size of your sweet potato)
- 2 green onions chopped fine
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 T nutritional yeast optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the sweet potato until tender.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato.
- Add the oats and stir in the seasonings. I used my kitchen aid mixer to stir it well.
- Form the mixture into patties.
- Line or grease a baking sheet with a bit of oil and put the patties on it. I use a Mr Misto oil sprayer to grease the pan. Works like PAM , but much healthier because you can fill it with whichever oil you choose. No chemicals.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the burgers are a bit crispy on the outside. Enjoy!